Website Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions below set out the agreement between you and Wider Plan Ltd in relation to your use of the site.
1. Definitions and interpretation
1.1 The following terms are defined:
- “You” and “your” refers to you as the site user.
- “We”, “us” and “our” refer to Wider Plan Ltd, which owns and operates the Wider Plan brand. Our registered address is 11-16 Chestnut Court, Jill Lane, Sambourne, B96 6EW and our company registration number is 5207145.
- “Service” refers to any service which we provide to you, for example advice and administration services relating to your use of our schemes or products.
- The “site” and the “website” refer to the website www.widerplan.com or to any other website operated and developed by Wider Plan Ltd and which displays these terms.
- “Account” refers to Wider Dashboard which is made available to site users who are responsible for administering schemes or products on behalf of their employer or membership organisation.
1.2 In these terms, unless clearly inconsistent with or otherwise indicated by the context:
- Words denoting a person or persons shall mean and include natural persons, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, associations, public and private companies, sole traders and unincorporated associations of persons.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- References to any gender shall include the other genders.
- A reference to a statute, statutory provision or any subordinate legislation made under a statute is to such statute, provision or subordinate legislation as amended or re-enacted from time to time.
- Any phrase introduced by the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular” or any similar expression shall be construed as being illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
1.3 The headings to clauses are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these terms.
2. The agreement
3. Acceptance of our terms and conditions
3.1 By using the site, you signify that you consent to the current terms and conditions as available via the website at that time.
4. Registering for an account
4.1 If you require access to Wider Dashboard, Wider Plan will send you an email invitation to register.
4.2 Any information that you provide to us during registration or during your ongoing use of the site must be current and accurate. If you supply any incorrect or inaccurate information this may be in breach of your terms and conditions of employment.
5. Security of your account
5.1 If you are provided with access to an account, you are responsible for safeguarding your login details. You must contact us immediately if you believe that your account has been compromised or if you believe that the security of your account is at risk.
5.2 Any actions which take place in your account as a result of you failing to safeguard your login details will be deemed to be your responsibility.
5.3 While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of the site and to protect your personal data, the nature of online systems means that it is not possible to completely guarantee security. In the event of the site being subject to a criminal attack, we will not be liable for any unauthorised access to your data or any loss which may arise.
6. Communications in relation to your account
6.1 Any notices from us to you shall either be displayed in your online account or emailed to you at the email address which is linked to your account.
6.2 It is your responsibility to provide us with a valid email address and to notify us should that email account ever become invalid.
6.3 It is your responsibility to access and read any account notifications which we send to your specified email address and we are not responsible for your failure to do so for any reason.
6.4 You are responsible for ensuring that emails sent by us to your email address are not quarantined or labelled as spam by your email software.
7. Use of the website
7.1 Should you be provided with an online account, this is solely for use by you acting on behalf of your employer or membership organisation.
7.2 Use of the website should be for lawful purposes only. The site must not be used for any attempt, successful or otherwise, to:
- Collect or distribute any personal data about other users.
- Participate in any fraudulent activities.
- Copy or exploit the service, products or software for any personal or commercial purpose.
7.3 You must not attempt to interfere with the workings of our site in any way.
7.4 You must not attempt to bypass any security measures which we may use to restrict or prevent access to the site.
7.5 You must not use any scraper, robot, spider or any other automated means to access our site for any purpose, other than for search engine indexing.
7.6 All information and images on the site are the property of Wider Plan Ltd or of third parties. You must not copy or alter any of the site content without permission.
8. Purchasing products and services from third parties
8.1 For your convenience, the site may contain links to third party websites. It must be understood that third party websites are not controlled by us and therefore we cannot be held responsible for their content or actions.
8.3 Third parties may apply their own terms and conditions to the use of their websites or to their products and services. You should read their terms and conditions carefully, as well as any terms which relate to your use of their product or services, as your contract for the product or service will be between you and the third party, not between you and us.
8.4 It is your responsibility to evaluate any third party before using their services or purchasing products from them. The information displayed on our site in respect of any product or service is provided in good faith for your convenience. The inclusion of any link or other information on our site does not imply that we endorse or recommend it, except where the third party is our approved fulfilment partner.
8.5 We are not responsible for any aspect of a third party’s service. If you are not satisfied with the product or service provided by a third party, you will need to raise your complaint directly with them. However, we will welcome your feedback about any third party.
9. Our rights
9.1 We reserve the right to modify the site at any time and we are under no obligation to notify you of these changes.
9.2 We reserve the right to suspend your account if it has not been accessed by you for twelve months or more.
9.3 We reserve the right to remove your access to your online account if your employer advises us that you are no longer eligible for access.
9.4 We reserve the right to remove your access to your online account if your employer ceases to use our products or services.
10. Our liability
10.1 To the fullest extent permitted in law, we shall bear no liability for any direct or indirect loss caused by your use of the site.
10.2 We shall bear no liability for any aspect of a third party’s service. Use of a third party’s services is done entirely at your own risk.
10.3 We will do our best to ensure that our service runs smoothly. However, we do not warrant that your use of this site will always be uninterrupted or error free.
10.4 We shall bear no liability for any computer or internet failures that you experience while using the site.
10.5 While we take all reasonable precautions, we cannot guarantee that the site or its server is free of viruses and we will not be liable for any software damage or data loss resulting from your use of the site.
11. Data protection and privacy
12. Sanctions and termination
12.1 We reserve the right to deny you access to the site without prior notification if we feel that there is a legitimate reason, including without limitation:
- any misuse of our services or website (as outlined in section 7), or
- any violation of these terms, or
- any suspected breach of security, or
- any suspected criminal activity.
12.2 We shall co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities, police enquiry or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone involved in suspected criminal activity.
12.3 If the site has been made available to you by your employer, your access may be removed if you cease to work for that employer.
13. Complaints and feedback
13.1 Please contact us if you have any questions. We hope that we will be able to resolve any queries or complaints to your satisfaction. A copy of our complaints policy is available on request.
14. Legal notices
14.1 Legal notices from you to us must be served by registered mail to our company registered address.
14.2 Any legal notices from us to you will be sent to you by post or email using any contact details which you or your employer have supplied to us and which we have reasonable grounds to believe are accurate.
14.3 Unless we are notified that an email address is invalid, notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after the email has been sent.
14.4 Notices sent to either party by mail shall be deemed to have been received three days after the date that they were posted.
15. Governing law and jurisdiction
15.2 If the English courts find any provision of these terms to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected.
15.3 Any claims under these terms must be made within three months of the cause of the claim arising.
15.4 Any claims by you under these terms shall be limited to direct losses and legal costs, not consequential loss.
16. Force majeure
16.1 We shall be not liable for any failure in our service or any breach of our responsibilities caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, lightning or extreme weather conditions.
- Fire or accident.
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, strike, labour dispute, riot, civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority.
17. Changes to these terms and conditions
17.1 We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be published on the website and it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with them. Your continued use of the site will signify your agreement to the amended terms and conditions.